“Oh Uganda, land of beauty” as extracted from the National anthem, with dazzling adventure leaves no doubt that indeed it’s a pearl of Africa. Uganda is an east African land locked country possessing a diverse landscape that covers the famously known snow capped Rwenzori mountain. Adventure Uganda and meet wildlife with a distinctive gorilla/chimpanzee trekking and many others.
Why Adventure Uganda the pearl of Africa?
In the 1908 book, “My African journey” by Winston Churchill, he considered Uganda for its magnificence in its variety of form and colour. Despite being a land locked nation with a major portion of the largest lake on the African continent, Uganda holds unique features with abundant wildlife creatures. Uganda adventure safari will expose you to the magnificent look of the Pearl of Africa
Uganda is sunny most of the year with temperatures rarely rising above 29 degrees(84 degrees Fahrenheit). The average annual temperature is about 26 degrees Celsius(78 degrees Fahrenheit). Rainy season is from March till May and October till November. The country experiences mild rainfalls in November and December.
Savannah vegetation covers the largest part of the country. this includes bushes, shrubs and woodland. while in sunny seasons, the bushes shed off leaves and in rainy seasons, they grow tall and thick.
Wetlands and heavy rain-forests have played a great deal in supporting a wide range of vegetation.
Uganda has mountains, wide spread Savannah which enables a great deal of wildlife, national parks, primate nature sanctuaries. If you’re interested in adventure Uganda, you will sea many attractions that evolve day by day and among them include;
There are a number of parks in different parts of the country. they are located in the most varied tracts of tropical forests with an widespread admirable flora and fauna. Some of the national parks include;
- Bwindi impenetrable national park(kabale): this is widely known for its close encounters with the mountain gorillas. when at the park, it’s evident of its typical rain forests, thick and green vegetation all throughout.
- Murchison falls national park(Masindi): Also called kabarega falls is on the course of great Nile. come and experience waters of the Nile as they force their way through a small slit within rocks with 43 metres below and 7metres wide.
- Queen Elizabeth national park(Kasese): recognized to be a home for over 612 species of birds and about 95 mammal species like the Uganda kob, cape buffalo and many others.
- Kibale national park(kasese): despite of its diverse collection with rain forests, kibale encompasses of both lowland and hilly forests. well known for its chimpanzee trekking and other primates.
- Mgahinga gorilla national park(kisoro): Being one of the smallest national parks in Uganda, its one of the two parks that posses the endangered mountain gorillas.
- Rwenzori mountains national park: located in south-western Uganda on the east side of the African rift valley. It offers glaciers, snowfields, waterfalls making it one of the most beautiful mountain areas in Africa. It’s also remarkable for its mountains higher than the alps that are ice capped having the third highest peaks in Africa (mount Stanley).
- Kidepo valley national park(Karamoja):found in the north-eastern region of Uganda. its characterised with two major valleys that is to say, kidepo and Narus rivers. it comprises of the red acacias, drum stick areas, buffalo thorn trees.
- Mount Elgon national park (Bungoma-kenya): its shared between Uganda and Kenya dominating a wide area with a variety of bird species, invertebrates, beautiful flora and fauna.
- Semiliki national park: In love with an unforgettable adventure of your life, then visit the hot springs of semiliki. the waters in the spring boil at 100 degrees Celsius. also Elephants, pygmy antelopes, chimpanzee and red tailed monkey are a must to see.
- Lake Mburo national park(Isingiro): habitat for a variety of animals such as, leopards, zebras, hyenas with perfect scenery for photographers. Fulfil your geologist tour with over 500 million years old Precambrian metamorphic rocks
Safari tours gets on with an impeccable journey of the endangered gorilla trekking in the thick forests of Bwindi impenetrable forest. The adventure Uganda safari will enable you embark on this great expedition that won’t leave your adventure life the same. Some of the attractions include the following;
Uganda has stunning and very important historical events, landscapes and discoveries. All these events can be seen when you adventure Uganda
It has many heritage sites for example the kasubi tombs where four of Buganda kings were buried. hundreds of people also flock in to significant worshiping areas like the Baha’i temple and Uganda Martyrs shrine Namugongo.
Uganda equator is also another well known landmark in the country. Come and observe the intersection of the earth’s surface with the plane perpendicular to the earth’s axis of rotation during your Uganda adventure safari
- Boat tours and water spots
Adventure Uganda safari also introduces you to experience the dazzling leisure cruises on lake Victoria such as the afternoon and late boat cruise. float towards the equator line, spot the sun over the horizon on the nearby islands. Enjoy snacks and drinks provided on board.
the Uganda museum located in Kampala exhibits ethnological, natural historic and traditional life collections of Uganda’s cultural heritage. However, there are other existing museums and exhibitions like Batwa cultural heritage, Entebbe crafts village, Rwenzori art centre(kasese). All the above will be at your display when you adventure Uganda.
- Concerts and shows: There are live shows within Kampala playing soothing music with all the modern music instruments. The Ndere troupe is ready to take you through the traditional dancing and expressing the cultures of Uganda through dance and drama.
Most of the people who Adventure Uganda are interested in experiencing Wildlife. Activities such as Gorilla tracking, Bird watching, Mountain climbing, and Chimpanzee tracking are the top most.
When dreaming of extra ordinary adventures of your life, then Uganda is the country to be. Kitandara Safari Holidays will help you with your next adventure Uganda at affordable rates.